Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Week Three--starting the Nutro

Sorry everyone this past week has been EXTREMELY hectic...with my boss back from China and my niece and nephew here, I have had to juggle quite a bit of stuff...so sorry for the lack of updates.

I know I say this all the time but Zeus is REALLY good with kids.  My nephew absolutely adored him, they bonded quite a bit (too bad my sister does not like dogs (gasp, I know)).  He was really happy and enjoyed playing and chillax-ing with my nephew as he is on the computer.  Bea and Zeus both really liked having a loud and rambunctious household (they were both not afraid, stressed or nervous).  The only bad thing that happened was I thought the kids were playing with Bea and Zeus but Bea somehow managed to get out of their radar, find an open door and decided to explore the neighborhood for about an hour before I realized she was gone...luckily we found her at the neighbor's house.  She ran home when she saw my fiance looking for her.  Unfortunately, I think the dogs are more sad this week because the kids are gone.

So on Sunday, I changed Zeus' diet to the Nutro grain-free with one tablespoon of the Addison canned food.  So far (3 days), he has not had any abnormal eye goop.  His ears are still ok.  His poop is borderline hard (not ideal) and soft (ideal) and it is the exact color of the kibble (brownish).  He eats it all but it seems that he does not enjoy as much as the Orijen.  Yesterday though, he did start scratching with his hind legs again.  So I don't know if that is due to the food or what, but I will keep a closer eye on him and see if he still does that.

I wanted to make another observation, I don't know if it means anything or maybe I am just being paranoid, but I wanted to jot it down so I don't forget.  Yesterday, I threw the ball to Zeus several times and he ran after it, but when he got to the ball, he could not pick it up.  Like, he kept trying to push it with his paw but then he doesn't go down to get it.  I don't know if it is because he could not see it or he was just having a hard time reaching down to get it????  Also, when I ran inside to get the camera and threw the ball again, he was not interested in playing fetch again. Odd.  Anyhow, I will keep an eye out on this behavior and see if I could document it, hopefully he is not losing his vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment