Friday, August 19, 2011

Day 5

Ok, so today, there was no eye goop.  YAH!  There was not yellow-snot sneezing either.  However, the sniffling was still slightly present in the morning.  After I pet him, he is still shaking his head, but not as bad as usual (in terms of length).  His left ear is ok but his right ear still has some build-up (but not as much).  I ran out of the Zymox for two days now...waiting for it to come in the mail.

As for his diet, he really really loves the kibble.  So much in fact that I have had to feed him in his crate.  I had Bea and Zeus separated while eating in the beginning, but I tried to feed them closer and closer together (under two people supervision of course!) to get him more socialized.  Things were ok because it took him a lot longer to eat the TOTW kibble, but with this kibble, since the bites are so small (which is great to be used as treats), he wolfs down his food.  As Bea does not focus 100% on her food at dinner time (she eats really fast WHEN she is focused), Zeus would try to eat her food. For someone on the elimination diet, that was not good.  So I took her bowl and he kept following me LOL.  I had to feed her separately.  So he has been eating in his crate in a separately again.  In general though he does not have any food aggression except for raw bone marrows.  He does NOT like it when other dogs (humans are ok...I have petted him when he has eaten his bone marrow) eyes his bones.  In addition, sometimes, the bone marrow gets on the floor and I have picked it up and put it back on the towel...he was ok with that.

So this past weekend he got new toys (thanks Annie and Masako, he absolutely loves them) and we have been playing fetch.  Sometimes he doesn't like to drop the item so I decided to use the kibble as a treat when he drops the ball/squishy toy.  Well, when he sees me get the kibble from the glass container, he stops wanting to play and tries to get the all the kibble from my hand.  I throw the ball and he refuses to fetch until I give him kibble.  Sigh, it's so cute, with Zeus, it's food trumps fetch.

2 comments:

  1. This is the EVO red meat he's eating now? Sounds like he really does like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes he loves it! Well, he does love all food but this one is really easy to eat!

    ReplyDelete