Thursday, September 8, 2011

Continuing the Orijen...Day 4

I have no complaints regarding the Orijen.  He seems to really enjoy it and does not have a problem with it.  Eyes, ears and poop are all ok.  So I have been feeding Diatomaceous Earth (FOOD GRADE not pool grade, pool grade is toxic to animals) to Zeus to combat the worm problem...I was told that usually the dogs would eat it more readily if it is mixed in with wet food.  As Zeus is undergoing an elimination diet, I have been limiting the wet food...only 1 tablespoon of Addison's a day....so I have had to sprinkle it (the DE) on his kibble and wetting it a little.  Needless to say, it doesn't bother him and he eats everything.  Here is a website about DE if you are interested....

http://wolfcreekranch1.tripod.com/defaq.html

No comments:

Post a Comment